Thursday 3 June 2010

Realisation

Today I finished my PGCE. I am now a qualified teacher.

Lying in bed earlier (afternoon naps are the best!) it finally hit me that I am going away for 2 months and I'm not going to lie, I got a little bit scared. I'm down to my last preparations now, packing, moving out of my house in Belfast etc and I still can't really believe i'm getting this opportunity to live in a community in a different country and serve God.

I kind of feel a little bit like Pippin in Lord of the Rings when he and Gandalf are waiting for the final great battle against Sauron and his armies in Minis Tirith.



PIPPIN: It’s so quiet.
GANDALF: It’s the deep breath before the plunge.
PIPPIN: Is there any hope Gandalf, for Frodo and Sam?
GANDALF: There never was much hope, just a fools hope

I feel like i'm standing in the deep breath before the plunge. The battle in front of me is huge, but I can carry the hope of Jesus with me and I know that even though it will be tough there will also be triumph at the end.
I'm excited

0 comments:

Post a Comment